Last night, I tried doing another print. This time, I went for a 20x20mm calibration cube from SpaceXula’s Thingiverse page.
This was also my first print with the Pyrex base. As you can see in the photos, it’s got a lovely floral motif on it. Luckily, this motif’s on the bottom of the plate, so there’s no interference with the print.
The main problem was starting the print off. I had Z-level issues again, and it took a little while for the filament to start coming out of the hot-end and start sticking to the bed. On the first couple of attempts, the tip was a little bit too low, and it picked up the Kapton tape, so it’s looking like a bit of a mess, already. Fortunately, I was able to get a good start on about the third attempt.
Once the print started well, the rest of the print went perfectly.
This print was vastly more successful than the previous one. The size was less than 0.5mm out from 20mm. and the Z-layers were perfect. The only problems are the slight lean, the cause of which I’m not sure of. While it was on the bed, I didn’t check to see which axis it was, so I’m not sure whether it’s X or Y.
The top was also not quite completely filled in.
Overall, though, it was a fantastic print. Much better than I thought I’d be able to get at this stage.